All general COVID19 procedures below are designed to work in tandem with the detailed local COVID19 procedures provided by each Event Organiser and the local and national rules and laws at the host venue These guidelines are subject to change with the evolving situation. Everyone has a critical role and a shared responsibility for creating a healthy environment and a safe event. We are relying on all racers, staff, volunteers, and members of the host community to consistently and properly follow personal protective practices.
Course and Race Protocols
● Riders must be queued at 2 meter gaps in all stage start queues
● Riders must report to Race Start 5 minutes earlier than normal in order to collect their timing chips
● Face masks must be worn on all transport (Gondolas,trains,shuttle buses)
● Hand sanitizing stations must be available throughout the event and race area
● Face masks must be worn by all staff to follow local face mask policy
● There will be no in person Rider Briefings held at any event. All riders must refer the Official Event Facebook page and the documents hosted on each event’s webpage on www.enduroworldseries.com for event updates
● Official Team Manager’s Briefings will be held over video conference call. Each manager will be sent a link to attend. No in-person meetings will be hosted at any event.
● To discourage public attendance trackside, racers will be sent a password to view the detailed race course map at the time scheduled for Course Map Release.
● All timing chips will be assembled (chip and band) 24 hours before the event and disinfected prior to race start
● Chips will not be re-used between the EWS and EWS-E
● Post-race chip readout will be self-service by the rider
● Individual results print outs will handled by a timing staff member wearing gloves and will be placed on a table for collection by the rider at a distance of 2 meters
● Riders must put on their own timing chips – Timing Staff must not put a timing chip on a rider
● Individual Special Stage start time stickers will not be produced. Riders must record their own start times from the digital start lists produced prior to the race start
● There will be no food available at food stations and all riders must provide their own water bottles/bladders for refill themselves at water stations. Shared food areas will not be available Athlete Registration
● Registration hours will be extended to allow for distancing. Riders may be assigned time slots to attend athlete registration in order to keep queuing to a minimum.
● Riders stay 2 meters apart from each other and event staff during athlete registration Awards Ceremony Protocol
● 1,2,3 Podium steps must be placed 2m apart
● Trophies or medals must be placed on a table and riders must collect their own trophies during the award ceremony
● The event announcer must remain 2 meters from all athletes at all times during the Awards Ceremony
● Prior to each event Official Teams must register a list of riders and staff with the EWS that will form their Team bubble
● Team bubbles will be allowed to operate within their own social distancing and internal team covid policies during award ceremonies, official training and other scheduled events
● All local COVID19 regulations as laid out by the local authorities must be followed at all times by all riders and staff, regardless of internal team COVID19 policies
● Only riders and staff listed in a Team bubble will be allowed access to that Team’s pit area. Riders from other Teams must not enter any area designated for another Team bubble
● Each official Team must inform the EWS of their accommodation details at each event
● Daily and including prior to travel, we recommend that teams complete the COVID clinical suspicion questionnaire (below) provide by the UCI. Like any medical questionnaire, it must be interpreted by a doctor, who may not be present on site. Teams are recommended to take adequate measures in case the risk score of a Team member is “strongly suspect” or “moderately suspect” on 2 days out of 5.
● All video/TV interviews carried out by accredited media must take place from a minimum of 2 meters
● No interviews by the event host/MC will be carried out at race start
● No lapel microphones can be used by any media on any athlete or staff member
● A maximum of 20 core media including Official Team and EWS production crew will be provided media accreditation
● A maximum of 10 accredited media will be allowed to enter the media room at any one time
● 2 meters must be given between work stations in the media room
● 2 meters must be given between accredited media filming/photographing the awards ceremony
● Face masks must be worn by all media in the media room and on media shuttles, gondolas, trains
● All accredited media must use hand sanitiser upon entering and departing the media room Public and Fans
● No fan sites will be provided at any point on the race course. Fans are encouraged to follow the race online through the Live Timing and Race Feed. https://www.enduroworldseries.com/live/
● No public maps of the course will be available onsite
● No public will be allowed access to the awards ceremony or race start
● Local restrictions will be in place at each event centre area detailing access to team and tech support areas